Friday, October 21, 2011

Thanks for that

One of my awesome coworkers (Sam the man to be exact) posted this earlier today - Definitely something I needed to hear, especially today, so I thought I'd pass it along to anyone else who may also need to hear this truth!
"I don't know who this is for, but someone needed to hear this TODAY! This may not be for you, but you may have a friend that needs to hear this very simple truth. There is somebody going through something that they don't quite understand, or has a guilt of a past that they can't get over. Maybe it's even something such as an addiction to food (cupcakes for me), drugs, etc. I don't know. What I do know is that feeling of uselessness and depression is not you! You are bigger than all of your problems. They have no authority over you, because you are wonderfully made.
25 "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? - Matthew 6:25-26
If your Father in heaven is going to take care of the birds, how much MORE important are you? It's not easy getting over addictions, and the past. Essentially it's a cupcake (enter your turmoil here). If you think God gave it more power than you, then yes it will control you!
Look at Job (the man in the bible) not job (work). He praised God during all his troubles and God blessed him many times over! He wants the same for you. You are created to do great things, and there is a plan for you still!"

No comments:

Post a Comment