Friday, October 21, 2011

The humble jumble

This past week has been quite humbling to say the least.  Over the past two years I have been broken of perfectionism, especially in the numbers aspect.  Now don't get me wrong, grades are super important, but if you make one bad grade.. come on it's not the end of the world!  Let me just start by saying summer classes just aren't my thing, and that has been proven time and time again (test after test).  So my goal recently has been to just take it as what it is, try my hardest, and know at the end of the day that I've done my best.  That's what life's about, right?  Instead of always expecting things to turn out perfectly, I've been humbled to be open to taking risks, learning the hard way sometimes, and being able to laugh about it at the end of the day.  As Isaiah 66:2 says, “I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts who tremble at my word."
With all of that being said, and on a completely different note, well sorta.. I took a bit of a risk and made a noodleless lasagna for my sweet boyfriend last weekend.  Let's just say I'm not the worlds greatest cook, nor do I have a lot of expertise, but I was quite impressed with how this turned out!

Zuchinni Lasagna



I got the recipe from  this awesome blog :) Trust me, if I could do it, anyone can!
Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment