Friday, October 21, 2011

Give me faith

At our first FCA servant team meeting  we worshiped with two songs, one being Give Me Faith by Elevation.  That song has been ringing in my head the past few days, especially these lyrics:
"I may be weak, but Your spirit's strong in me.  My flesh may fail, but my God you never will"
There's some weighted truth behind that and it's exactly what I needed to hear the past weak.  Even at our weakest moments we have the light of the Lord in our lives to continuously restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish us as 1 Peter 5:10 says.  Maybe it's just a girl thing, or a me thing, but adapting to change such as moving away from home is not easy.  I had a tough time the first few days because I felt alone, even though I'm living with the best roommates I could ask for and have friends all over our small college town.  That's when it hit me, I've been totally reliant on my surroundings and circumstances rather than relying on the Lord for my comfort and fulfillment.  The Lord is faithful and lead me right to 1 John 2:15-16
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.
I've changed my way of thinking, and I've realized that God was just telling me to rely on HIM and not everything else in the world.  I've had such a peace the past few days because I know that I am never alone, and I never will be.   After nights like last night at the first FCA of the semester I am POSITIVE that the Lord is going to do work all over this campus this year.  Oh my goodness the amphitheater was consumed by the Spirit, I get chills just thinking about it!  I am so pumped and excited to see how God uses this organization and all the members of the student population this year - there are big things coming our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment