Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a great refresher. Friday consisted of planning for the next day, a full day on Lake Jocassee. We had to run around town to get things ready (food, gas, etc), which took a little longer than I had expected. I have never realized how much work goes into preparing for a lake day, major props to my boy who makes it happen! After all of the running around I made enchiladas for the first time, which were surprisingly good! After dinner Braden and I set off on a post-dinner walk to enjoy the weather, which turned into a 3 mile trek.

The sky was absolutely beautiful during our walk, and Bray made a point to pick every pretty flower we passed by! By the end I had a pretty little bouquet, he's quite the keeper :)

We've been on a big movie kick, so we thought we'd give "Like Crazy" a try.. I was so excited about this movie, only to find it highly disappointing. We turned it off after about 20 minutes of confusion and having no idea what's going on. I'd give this one a big bad movie rating.. sad day!

Saturday morning Braden, Elliot, Drew, and myself packed up the car and headed to the lake. I've come to the conclusion that I'll probably be spending lots of time with these 3, but what can I say, they're all great to have around! We spent the day cruising, wake surfing, and the boys climbed up rock walls. It was a pretty perfect day despite our few minor setbacks with boat mishaps.


Yesterday we went to Grace and then to Braden's parents for lunch. Overall a very laid back day with a little grocery shopping thrown in. Now it's the start of the work week, and I'm counting down the minutes until it's the weekend! We'll be attending our fourth wedding of the summer, with 3 more still to go, geez louise wedding season is definitely in full swing! I'm loving it though, I mean really, what girl doesn't?!

Oh side note: I'll be starting my first day at CrossFit today! I'm super pumped, nervous, excited, anxious, you name it I'm feelin' it! I've gotten so run down and bored with my normal weekly workouts (MWF strength and sprints, TTH cardio and stretching) I need something to push me harder and keep me entertained. I'm signing up for a month, so we'll see how this goes!

Tonight I'm making dinner with the lovely Emily, and then watching the Bachelorette with some wonderful ladies. I always look forward to Monday's because I know this time with these girls is always right around the corner. Plus I'm mildly obsessed with watching the guys on the show make fools of them self, but I must say I'm team Sean and I'm not ashamed to say it, haha!

I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment