Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Oh My Soreness

As I mentioned in my last post, I started working out at a CrossFit gym yesterday. Oh.. my.. goodness.. I'm hooked! Okay so here's my 5 minute rave about the place..

When I was on my way to the gym after work I've got to admit I was a little nervous, especially since I was going to a new place by myself. To my surprise everyone there was incredibly welcoming, I met so many people that I can hardly remember most of their names. I felt like I belonged almost immediately, it reminds me so much of my gym back at home where I worked last summer.

Our warm up was a 200 meter run, 10 squats, 10 push ups three times. I wouldn't necessarily call that a warm up because I was pretty breathless after it haha. Then one of the trainers went through each exercise to show us proper form. I am thankful that he took the time to show us step by step because CrossFit uses typical exercises, but they're turned up a notch. After our warm up everyone circles up and a trainer prays for us which I thought was awesome, yet another reason it reminds me of the Bodyshop. It's so cool to see how God can be worshiped in such a multitude of ways!

The actual work out was 100 sumo squat high pulls, 75 thrusters, and 50 pull ups for time. Since I was deemed as a "newbie" I was assigned level 1 of the workout. (50-25-15). I finished the workout in 6:28, and I literally said "am I seriously done?!" It's so fast and so intense that you literally have no time to think about what you're doing, but trust me, your body lets you know about 5 minutes later that it's going to be extremely sore!

I felt extremely accomplished, plus I loved how encouraging everyone was there. Everyone working out or hanging out cheer you on the entire way through the workout, which keeps you pushing harder. I think the guys who work there were a little surprised that I could hang in there as a "newbie," but it was great hearing that I did a great job and that I was a little underestimated! I have officially signed up for a month, but I'm sure I won't stop there. I'm excited to see how my body transforms and to accomplish things I never thought possible.

Okay.. I admit that was probably more than a 5 minute rave, but really, I can't say enough good things about his place!


I saw this beautiful rainbow on the drive home!

After working out I headed over to Emily's to make dinner before the Bachelorette. We made Parmesan crusted chicken with a zucchini pasta marinara, a Dashing Dish classic. It was seriously DELICIOUS! I was incredibly surprised at how flavorful it was.

Mmm delicousness!

We finished off dinner with some strawberry froyo that Emily bought from the grocery store, it was the perfect way to end such a savory meal. The girls showed up right at 8 for the Bachelorette and we had so much fun commentating, that show is so ridiculous but so addicting at the same time. Might I add that my boy Sean is still in the running!

This afternoon I'm going for a run and then to CrossFit's foundations class. Then Bray and I will be going to his grandparents to celebrate his grandpa's birthday. I can't wait to celebrate him!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday :)

2 comments:

  1. You ARE darling wow and what a cute blog :) glad I found it!!


    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so much for your sweet comment, I'm looking forward to reading yours! :)

    ReplyDelete