Monday, June 4, 2012

Sweet Potato Pancakes

I don't know about yall, but I LOVE sweet potatoes. Baked sweet potatoes, sweet potato fries, you name it and I probably love it. I've been exploring with pancake recipes and came across this one, and it's actually really good!

The first time I tried making these I just mashed the sweet potatoes.. I wouldn't suggest it haha. Definitely puree or blend the ingredients before you put them on the griddle.

Sweet Potato Pancakes

What you'll need:
1 small sweet potato
1 scoop vanilla whey protein
1/2 cup egg whites
Cinnamon
1 packet Stevia or Splenda to taste

Step 1: Put sweet potato in microwave for about 5-7 minutes
Step 2: Add egg whites, protein powder, cinnamon, and Stevia in blender (in that order!)
Step 3: Peel skin off sweet potato (careful, it's hot) and put everything but the skin in blender
Step 4: Blend/puree well, then spoon batter onto griddle

Spray with non-stick cooking spray -- Keep griddle on medium heat

The pancakes are ready to flip once edges firm up. Cook another 2-3 minutes until the undersides are also golden brown. Sometimes they'll get a large air bubble, no worries, just press it down with a spatula!

Mmm sweet and healthy, drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment