Monday, July 30, 2012

My Love Filled Weekend

This weekend was relatively blah with spurts of random happiness. I kicked off Friday the right way, with an early morning workout at Crossfit followed by a delicious egg & turkey sausage omelet (my current obsession). Later that afternoon Braden and I headed to his grandparents 50th Anniversary.


Can you imagine?! A marriage that has lasted half of a century and is still just as full of love and life. Since Braden and I started dating, the Nichols family has always made me feel welcome, but these two have taken me in as one of their own. I cannot say how thankful I am enough, I have been so blessed by them and their relationship with one another. I grew up without a father, however, my mom did a wonderful job raising me on her own, I am so blessed to have her (gotta give her major props). Having such a solid model of what true love is has been so encouraging, and I pray every day that I will be blessed with a marriage just as wonderful as theirs.


Saturday turned into quite the random assortment of activities. Braden and I went to Elliotts in hopes of an adventurous day, which turned into a bro day with me thrown into the mix.. awkward! I ended up staying in the house and crafting with Elliott's sweet mama (who is the mother of 6 boys may I add), we crafted and made some clay magnets. I loved getting to chat and hear her story, I love hearing what others have been through and what makes them who they are. Her sweet parents were in town, and they are also such a testament to true love. They have been married for 52 years, and you can still see that sweet spark in their eyes towards one another. My heart has been so happy this weekend, and I have been so encouraged about love, lasting love at that.


Sunday, hmm well to put it simply, Sunday was spent in a car! We went to church and then went to the "Discovery" class, which is basically the first step of becoming a member. The church staff explained their mission, why they got started, how they've expanded, and future plans. I loved getting to hear their vision and their hearts for this church, I'm excited to become a member! Right after Discover Bray and I hit the road and headed to Atlanta. Our good friends Chase and Ed were making their way back home from KENYA! We were the lucky chosen ones to pick up Chase and bring him back to Clemson! Needless to say his deliriousness was quite entertaining on the way home.


Today was my first "two a day" - woohoo feeling beastly! Haha, but really, cycling at 8am then Crossfit at 4 is no joke! I could probably sit right here on my couch and watch Cake Boss the remainder of the night and be perfectly content. But, my wonderful friend from Auburn is coming into town, and she'll be staying the night with me!! I'm so excited to see her for the first time in months!


Whelp it's about that time, she'll be here in about 20 minutes! I hope all of you have had a wonderful kickoff to your week! I encourage you to make an adventure out of one of your days this week, who knows, you may end up having the best day of your summer!

This is real love - not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. {1 John 4:10}


No comments:

Post a Comment