Friday, December 16, 2011

Grapefruit goodness



I'm currently on a grapefruit kick - and I'm talking a breakfast, lunch, and dinner kick haha. I have a new favorite food at least every month! I figured since I'm eating so much of this tangy goodness, that I might as well see what the health benefits are. 

What I've found is that the power fruit has a high water content which an increased amount of water consumption can help increase metabolism.  It's a rich source of Vitamin C.  Grapefruit is rich in lycopene (the red color pigment) which helps to prevent the occurance of a tumor or cancer.  Grapefruit helps in cases of gallstones, colds, Pneumonia, and fever. The list goes on and on and on.

Needless to say, I'm totally okay with continuing this little grapefruit eating cycle I have going.  After looking at the benefits - how could you not want to grab a grapefruit and a spoon and have a yummy snack?!

No comments:

Post a Comment