Monday, November 5, 2012

Well Folks, It's Been a While

Let's be honest, I've been SO BUSY with everything going on lately that I've hardly had time to think about blogging. I apologize for being MIA :) Let's see here.. I have a whole lot to catch up on. Last weekend Braden and I headed up to Helen, Georgia to spend some time with his family. Our goal for this trip was to relax as much as possible.. I repeat.. as. much. as. possible. The first day was spent doing various activities. We started out the day by stopping by a cute little country store that sells many different "mountainy" foods. 

 


Since starting Paleo, honey is one of my main sources when baking something sweet. Don't judge, but I've already been through two jars of honey in a 2 month span.. so Braden and I found it completely necessary to purchase another jar! He insisted on getting one with the honey comb still in the jar, which I didn't mind!


Please note the creepy old lady, I'm holding up her hand by a string. The shop had these little friends sitting in rocking chairs and would make the move or wave at whoever was passing by. Needless to say, I found them rather creepy but still decided to become better acquainted with little grandma over here.

After picking up some goodies (I got some pecan pralines, mmm my favorite) we headed to the zipline! I ziplined for the first time in Tennessee last year. I'm not a huge fan of heights so I was pretty hesitant but ended up loving it! This particular zipline was 1/2 mile long and ended with propelling down the side of the tower. I was a little nervous but ended up going for it, along with Braden, his brother Corbin, his girlfriend Mary Miles, and then Poppie decided to join us because he's quite the adventure enthusiast.


We wanted to make the most of our trip to the mountains, so we followed up ziplining with a hike up to Anna Ruby Falls. The hike was a little steeper than I had anticipated, so most of us were nice and sweaty by the time we reached the fall. It was definitely worth the climb though! If you have a chance to go see these falls, I highly recommend it!


We spent the rest of the evening relaxing in the cabin. We were all pretty well acquainted with the couches by the fire, while occasionally making our way out to the porch to see this view:


The next morning it was raining outside which damped our hopes to go horseback riding. Instead, we opted to make the day relaxing by making various treats. Of course cookies were made, but Gigi brought along a soft pretzel making kit. Braden and I assisted and twisted the cinnamon sugar and salted pretzels. It's definitely not as easy as it looks to make a perfect pretzel!


After baking and eating our body weight in food, Bray and I wanted to enjoy the outdoors for a little while. The rain had eased up so we decided to go for a little golf cart tour of the mountain resort. You can't beat the pretty fall foliage up there, I've never seen so many colors!


We ended the day hanging out at the stable. Since we couldn't ride, we thought it'd still be fun to pay the horses a visit. We had so much fun relaxing and enjoying the beautiful views. I'm thankful for the time I get to spend with his family, they always make any vacation so much fun.. plus we eat so much food that I could probably go without eating for weeks, haha!

How's that for a mini catch up on the past weekend? I will continue playing catch up this week with a Halloween and wedding post from this past week, and a recipe for this beauty:


Until next time, I hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment